Thursday, August 6, 2009

Christmas Painting

I was inspired to start my Christmas painting when the talented Kerryanne published her "Whimsical Doodle Booklet" recently. These designs are from Kerryanne's book.
I painted the designs onto Calico, then used Heat N Bond to adhere the painted piece to Christmas fabric, stitched around the Calico and for added strength and neatness I used Heat N Bond and attached another piece of fabric to the back.

I also want to touch up my skills on portraiture, so decided to do a couple of small pieces on Christmas decorations. These portraits are painted on 4 inch pieces of MDF. I can't decide if small or large portraits are easier to achieve!



14 comments:

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

some lovely work coming along.
It is good to get started early

Vicki ♥ said...

Anna they look fabulous. What you have done is very clever. I like what you keep coming up with :)
hugs hugs Vicki

The Pink Poodle said...

hi anna....these goodies look totally beautiful..

You crafty ladies NEVER cease to amaze me with your abilities..
gorgeous...beautiful..

clever little girlie you are...

xx andrea

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

They look great. i too, have purchased one of Kerryanne's books...must start my xmas stuff soon too. I love the bell as well.
Hugs

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Anna

They are so CUTE!! A Wonderful idea to personalise your chrissy decorating. Your faces are fabulous, haven't lost your touch at all

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Anna! :-)

I love what you have done with Kerryanne's designs... fantastic ornaments! I only recently discovered the joys of painting on fabric and must do it more often!

Your portraiture is looking divine. You are so very talented!

Hugs!!
Vikki x

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Oh, Thank you ladies for the lovely comments.
So nice to hear others appreciate art!
Hugs,
Anna

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Never too early to start on the Christmas decs Anna. I'm glad you are enjoying the doodles in my Whimsical Christmas book.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Anna,

your new Christmas paintings are just lovely. Really pretty.

Ruth

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

You have been TAGGED! what does this mean? all good i assure you. Visit my blog to find out.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous...beautiful.. lovely
Hugs
Myrarte♥♥♥

Serena Lewis said...

OH, what a lovely selection of Christmas goodies! The Christmas fabric makes a lovely backdrop for the painted calico pieces. Great work on all, Anna!

Unknown said...

My goodness they are so good ! I have been thinking about getting a start on Christmas , that's all , just thinking ....

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Hi , your work is Beautiful !!!
hugz,