Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Art, Art and a touch a sewing

Hello Friends,
OK, I'm late!  This is a pencil case I made for my July's OPAM. 
I finally decided I should decorate the front cover of art journal {it's nearly full} I've used Texture Paste, Lace, Impasto Gel, Gold Leaf, Silver Leaf and Opal Dust.
This is a Multi media piece using Texture paste, Opal dust, fabric and a piece of Paper towel.
This is the opposite page using different colours but similar techniques.
I'm happy to share any of these tips and techniques with you.  Just leave a comment or email me.
The next two pieces are designs by my creative, friend Lee. This piece was published in the latest Australian Fine Art, decorative painting magazine.
Lee's original piece is painted on three large canvas's and looks absolutely fantastic.
They were very relaxing, stunning pieces to paint.

If you have a chance, pop over and visit Lee @ http://artfulleedesigned.blogspot.com/
Lee has a post {Revitalized Paper Craft} on the Chroma website on how she has decorated three gorgeous pieces which you can get step by step instructions for.
Thanks for stopping by, Happy Creating,
Hugs Anna

16 comments:

Marlene said...

Great pencil case, I need one like that. The journal is looking good. I finally got me a moleskin journal and will be starting on it soon. The paintings are lovely.

Janet said...

I love those two pieces with the flowers and butterflies. Gorgeous colors!

Gail McCormack said...

Clever you Anna!
Love the pencil case, you could use it as a make up bag too I guess.
Your Journal is wonderful

I'll pop over the have a look at the Chroma website

Happy creating, Gail xx

ittybittyandpretty said...

great pages...cant beleive your journal is nearly full...i have barely begun :( but i am happy for the experience and the techniques i now have with me for good.
xxx

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

All beautiful pieces Anna. You have been so busy.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

The Pink Poodle said...

Hi Anna...the pencil case looks fantastic...
BOY..lots of elements go into it..

hope to see you next week at the SVJ fair...

xx andrea

Robynartdesigns said...

Lovely creations Anna, love the journal, happy week Robyn xx

Serena Lewis said...

Great job on the pencil case, Anna! Congratulations on nearly filling your art journal too...the cover looks amazing. Nice work on Lee's designs also ~ :)

Hazel said...

Hi Anna,

Lovely pencil case.

Oh boy, you sure are filling up your journal. Lovely colours. You've got the bug!

Hugs,
Hazel

Crowing Moon said...

Beautiful work Anna! I really LOVE your mixed media pieces. Such pretty colours

I've tried to reply to some of the comments you've left on my blog but it says 'no return' in the emails...I have been ignoring your nice comments :)

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Hi Anna
Great pencil case and journal pages, especially the green page. Your journal cover looks great too. I love the things you are doing with multimedia. Very creative
I love the way you have painted my pattern, they look great. You are so kind to mention it on your blog.
Thank you my dear friend
Lee:)

Anna Rosa Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natasha Burns said...

Great pencil case you made Anna, it's good enough to be a little clutch purse :)

Sew Useful Designs said...

Ooh - what a beautiful purse!!!

Love your new journal cover, Anna! And gosh, love Lee's work too - she is very talented!

Hugs sweetie! Vikki x

Bev said...

the pencil bag is neat to have but I really love the art journals you did, great idea to put those all together to come up with a fabulous and stunning design. I also enjoyed peeking at your friend Lee's page , those are very unusual canvases.

GwendolynKay said...

Your work is amazing!!
Blessings~
Gwen