Monday, September 27, 2010

Facelift

 Hello, Thank you for popping in*
FACELIFT~Ah, not me, my kitchen has had a face lift!
From this-
 To this-

And this-
To this-
Roy from Superior Kitchens did a fantastic job and I'd highly recommend him for any Kitchen or Bathroom renovation!  Roy doesn't have an website, however I'd be happy to pass on his information if you'd like to email me.

Yesterday I attended a workshop at the Society of Folk & Decorative Artists.  The workshop was conducted by Robyn Sherer~A fabulous teacher, very creative and giving.
 The background and base coating was painted using Jo Sonja acrylics.  We then had fun mixing Papier Mache for the body of the Echidna.  Placed that on the canvas and start molding and Painted over the papier mache. We were lucky, most of the spikes were already painted.{Thanks for Robyn's parents}  These were pushed into the papier mache body.  We then glazed over the background, face, feet and foliage using Archival Oils and pencils.

I've taken this photo on an angle so you can see the height and depth of the "Echidna".

If you are free on 17th October and live in or around Melbourne/Geelong you may want to attend the "Portarlington Art & Garden Trail"
This will be 19 Studio's, Gallery's and Gardens open to the public from 11 am to 4pm
There isn't a website however I do have a phone number if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to email it to you!
Live Joyfully,
Hugs,
Anna

23 comments:

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Wow Anna what a transformation. Your kitchen looks fabulous, so big and airy.
Love your echidna, so cute. Well done
Lee:)

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Amazing kitchen transformation Anna. I'm so pleased you have achieved the result you were after.

Robyn's workshop looks like it was a fun one. Lots of new and interesting techniques.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Vicki ♥ said...

Your kitchen looks really fabulous Anna :) I bet you feel like you are in a new house now :) Love the colour on the cupboards.
Your porcupine is fabulous too :) Clever you! Hugs Vicki....Oh dont get pricked by those quills hehehe

Vicki ♥ said...

Sorry....Echidna...duh!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

The kitchen facelift is gorgeous!! It really brightens, yet lightens. :-)
Your echidna is beautiful, Anna!

Diane said...

Love your painting!!
And I'm so envious of your bright new kitchen--I'd love to get all new cupboard doors.

Hazel said...

Hi Anna,

Love your new kitchen - it looks much brighter.

Glad you had a great time at Robyn's workshop.

Hugs, Hazel

Serena Lewis said...

I love your new look kitchen, Anna!

Robyn's workshop looked like it would have been so much fun. Very effective job on the Echidna. :)

Marlene said...

Gorgeous new cabinets, it looks terrific. I love your Echidna, it is adorable and I bet is was fun to make. You did an amazing job on it.

Janet said...

Roy did a great job! Your kitchen looks gorgeous....very bright and airy.

The Echidna painting is great....it sort of reminds me of a porcupine with all the spikes.

lee said...

loving the kitchen....it did a grat job. And that painting with the paper machia (spelled wrong) all I can say is wow

Crowing Moon said...

Your kitchen looks fabulous :)
as does your echidna. Clever lady
hugs
Shelley

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Anna!

Wow your kitchen looks amazing - very posh! :-)

Love the new techniques you've learned for painting the echidna! That must have been a fun workshop!

Hugs! Vikki xoxo :-)

artangel said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog Anna :)

I love your echidna - the techniques you've used really suit the subject matter!

PS great kitchen too - do you think Roy would want to travel as far as the UK ha ha ...

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Anna

Oh goodness, I love your facelift...you must feel like a new woman! ha ha! seriously it must be a wonderful feeling...all clean and new, not to mention how fantastic it looks

p.s. LOVE LOVE LOVE your new painting!

Gail xx

The Pink Poodle said...

Hi Anna....BOY oh BOY....that transformation is totally awesome..

You must be soo happy...

Hey that little echidna looks very real??
what a cutie..

xx andrea

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Anna,
Love the echidna and am sooo jealous of your kitchen transformation...mind you I think mine would need to be gutted and totally redone (so nothing has been done) LOL
Hugs, Sharon

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Gorgeous kitchen! I love that facelift!! The echindna is wonderful, those quills/spikes things must have been fiddly!
Thanks for sharing,
Kiss Noises Linda

Anonymous said...

oh Anna..there is nothing like a white, clean, crisp, new kitchen! it's where good things happen!'


it looks fabulous..so does your art....
I'm so glad you came by to visit me too...and yes, you can come and play in my studio anytime!

ciao bella

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Crafty Chookie said...

Hi Anna,
Wow..Love the face-lift..Your kitchen looks so much brighter now..
Your Ecidna is gorgeous..Would go really well with my Kookaburra!!
Love's Ya,
Michelle

Suzanne said...

Wow! Your "new" kitchen is gorgeous! Roy did a nice job, and you made some wonderful choices for the cabinets!

The workshop looks like it was fun! I love the texturing on the Echidna!

Carol Mae said...

Hi Anna, Thanks for stopping by again. I love the new look of your kitchen, so lovely. Many Smiles to you, Carol Mae

Dianne said...

WOW Anna!!!! I would never have dreamed that changing those cabinets to white would make such a difference. It's fantastic!!!!
I may have to remodel my kitchen too!
Love it!!!!!
Dianne
artbyhart