Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Commision Painting, Simply Christmas

Hey blogging friends, Hope you are well and Thank you for popping in to visit.

This is a commissioned piece I've just finished. 
It's a 45 x 45 cm Canvas painted using Jo Sonja acrylic paints. 
I'm waiting for the humid weather to disappear so I can Varnish the Canvas. 
Have you ever varnished on a humid day? 
The design gets a cloudy look and that cloudy look never disappears. 

Here is a close up photo of the butterfly.

Have you been to visit Kerryanne at Shabby Art Boutique?
Kerryanne is having 'Simply Christmas' with lots of Christmas gift ideas to make like the one in the picture above.  It's a Gift Card Holder that I had to whip up as soon as I saw it. 
Thank you for the tutorial Kerryanne.
It's getting harder to buy for all my nephews and nieces and I give Gift Vouchers from stores they like~this just makes it a touch  more special.
Take care, Creative Hugs,
Anna

10 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, I love your commisioned piece and the piece at Shabby Art Boutique...sending (((hugs))) your way,
Cindy

suziqu's thread works said...

Anna your comissioned piece is absolutely beautifully painted. Is it for a Masseur?
Love and Hugs,
Suzy

maddyrose said...

Anna, this is so beautifully done, I love the colors.

Janet said...

Humid days are very rare where I live. Bring your painting over and you can varnish it here!

The butterfly is beyond beautiful. The colors look as if they glow.

Serena Lewis said...

Your commissioned piece is lovely, Anna! They will be very pleased with it.

I can't say I've had too many problems with varnish on humid days...rainy days, yes. Do you use a spray-on varnish? These days I tend to use the water-based brush-on varnishes.

Love the piece from Shabby Art Boutique.

Have a lovely Thursday!

Serena xo

Anonymous said...

Oh I love butterflies!
I like to call them, painted ladies!

So pretty, well done Anna.
Have a great night.
Stop by for some Pink Italian Cookies

Ciao Bella

Creative Carmelina

Donna said...

What a beautiful piece you have created, Anna! I can commiserate with you about the weather! I have to dodge rain drops in order to get any painting done:) Have a great day!

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh so Gorgeous Anna, That butterfly is stunning, I guess I haven't varnished on a humid day, thank goodness, doesn't seem to have affected its beauty though!
hugs Lynn

ArtfulLee Designed said...

How did I miss this post? your butterfly is beautiful Anna, the colours are so rich. Well done.
I have varnished on a humid day years ago and never done it again, suffice to say it was a bad outcome.
I love your gift card holder. Such a great idea
Lee:)

Uniquely Ella said...

Beautiful piece Ana that you got commisioned to do, very pretty.
xxx
Marlene